Early warning signs of hair loss: How to recognize impending baldness
The fear of becoming bald is widespread. But how can you be sure if hair loss is a serious problem? This article highlights the early warning signs of hair loss and gives you practical advice on how to recognize and effectively counteract them.
How you can recognize the beginning of hair loss:
- Above-average hair loss: Loss of more than 100 hairs per day is considered above average and could be an indication of beginning hair loss.
- Changes in the hair structure: The receding of the hairline in particular can be a clear indication.
- Visible scalp: A sign of thinning hair is when the scalp becomes more visible.
- Circular hair loss: Round, bald spots can indicate a disease such as alopecia areata.
Possible causes of hair loss:
- Genetics: A genetic predisposition can be a determining factor.
- Hormonal fluctuations: Changes in the hormonal balance, such as those caused by menopause, can trigger hair loss.
- Medical factors: Various illnesses and medications can cause hair loss.
- Stress: A long period of intense stress can trigger telogen effluvium, a form of hair loss.
Strategies against hair loss:
- Pay attention to the symptoms: If you suspect anything, you should consult a dermatologist as soon as possible.
- Treatment options: Drugs such as Minoxidil , Redensyl or Finasteride can work if used early.
- Lifestyle changes: A scalp and hair-friendly diet and stress reduction are beneficial.
Early detection of hair loss is the key to effective countermeasures. Take care of your scalp health and don't hesitate to seek professional help. With a proactive approach, you can manage your hair loss and boost your self-confidence.
Start preventing hair loss now. Contact your dermatologist or visit our expert page for further information and support in dealing with hair loss.